PRIVACY INFORMATION STATEMENT
- Watco Australia may collect personal information from you to assist us in providing you with transport services
- We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 which concern how personal information may be collected, used, disclosed and stored.
- Personal information may be required for the following purposes:
a. Providing you with goods and services;
b. Assessing your suitability for employment with us;
c. Providing you with information about our business; and
d. Responding to your enquiry or request for information.
- Watco Australia may collect personal information about individuals from third parties where it is necessary and where the information cannot be obtained directly. This may be required where:
- Obtaining references about your business from third parties.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties where necessary, for the following purposes:
- To our contractors or agents to assist in providing you with goods and/or services.
- If we cannot collect personal information or you choose not to provide us with that information we may be unable to provide you with goods and services.
a. How you may access or amend information held or collected by us;
b. How you may complain about the way that we collect, use, store or disclose personal information;
c. How your personal information is collected, stored and used.
Watco WA Rail Pty Ltd (ABN: 22 150 437 988) is in the business of rail transport. Watco Australia operates a website under the domain name: www.watcoaustralia.com.au (“Website”).
We recognise the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information of individuals we deal with in conducting our business.
- Visit our website;
- Contact us to enquire about our services;
- Register with us for employment opportunities; or
- Engage us to provide you with our services.
We may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to our website. We may display these statistics publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose personally identifying information.
What Kinds of Personal Information Are Collected By Watco Australia?
We will collect different sorts of personal information, depending on how you interact with us. The kinds of information we collect and hold include your contact details (email address, postal address and phone number), qualifications, employment history and complaint details. We may collect information from you as we are required or authorised by an Australian law or court or tribunal order to do so. We will let you know if this is the case and let you know the details of the law, court or tribunal order.
Where it is lawful and practicable, we can offer you the opportunity of contacting us anonymously or using a pseudonym. An example of this is when you make a general inquiry about our business. In other cases, if we cannot collect you personal information, we will not be able to process your feedback, query, or engage with you (for example, processing your employment registration).
How does Watco Australia Store Personal Information?
The personal information we collect is held by Watco Australia. We take steps to protect personal information we hold from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include:
- Restricted access to personal information;
- Using technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access to our databases; and
- Internal policies in relation to the use of our computers and management of personal information.
If we determine that we no longer need personal information about you for the purpose that we collected it for, we will securely destroy the personal information.
How is Personal Information Used by Watco Australia?
We will use the personal information we collect from you to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as a rail logistics company. This includes:
- Responding to your queries;
- Providing quality assurance for our services and monitoring the performance of our business;
- Supplying our services to you;
- Enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you; and
- Ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations.
Accessing and seeking correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to, or request we change, the personal information that we hold about you. When you contact us and request access to your personal information, we will need to verify your identity first and ask you further questions so that we can respond to your request as soon as possible. We cannot give you information about anyone else. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time of you making the request and give you access in the manner you requested, unless it is unreasonable for us to do so.
Watco Australia will use its best endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to update your personal information, please contact Watco Australia using the details set out below to request an amendment to your record. Where it is established that personal information we hold about you is not accurate or up-to-date, we will take all steps necessary to amend it.
How Can I Make A Query Or Complaint About Privacy?
If you have any complaints, or queries about how we have managed your personal information, you can make a complaint by contacting us using the details set out below.
Business Growth & Marketing Manager
Watco WA Rail
30 Delhi St,
WEST PERTH WA 6005
Telephone: 08 6559 4999
Watco Australia takes complaints seriously, and upon receipt will examine the complaint and instigate internal procedures to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.